Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Infrared Scopes and Equipment, Night Vision
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M2 infrared scope storage box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M2 infrared scope storage box
    Posted: May 28 2019 at 9:56pm
Looking to see if anyone else has one of these m2 scope boxes? Looking for pictures of one of the missing dividers at the bottom. I am also in need of how the scope fits into the box. I have an idea but just looking to see if someone has a picture.

looks like i will be making some replacement dividers for my other box (yes i now have 2). any one else in need of them?

Edited by M1carvine4me - May 29 2019 at 9:54am
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 1:06am
Your pic didn't make it into your post. Looking forward to seeing which chest you have ...

Jim
M1carvine4me View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 9:44am
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 9:51am
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2019 at 9:08am
Ft. Belvoir is south of DC. Is there any significance to where this item was shipped? 

Also, is this the scope that is one of 24?
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2019 at 9:39am
The CIA ain't that far away.
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2019 at 10:05am
Ft Belvoir was home to the Corps of Engineers Research & Development Laboratory that worked on the development of the Army's infrared equipment. The laboratory has since moved but the Engineers still use Ft Belvoir.

From Wikipedia ...

[5th Army] ".... reactivated on 11 June 1946 at Chicago under the command of Major General John P. Lucas, who had commanded U.S. VI Corps in the early stages of the Battle of Anzio (Operation Shingle) during World War II before being relieved. It was redesignated as the Fifth United States Army on 1 January 1957. Its postwar role was as a command and control headquarters for U.S. Army Reserve units, formally responsible for the training of many Army troops and also the ground defense of part of the continental United States. In June 1971, the Fifth Army moved to its current base at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. "

Jim
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Also, is this the scope that is one of 24?

Hmm, M1carvine is from same state where the prototype M3 was located. 

Missing inside piece to make room? 
Maybe possible, but in all actuallity it is a late m2 scope case.

I have been looking for one of these.

I wonder if the piece with black felt was to support the power cable coming out of scope?

The missing pieces are the shape of the unpainted part. It was plywood maybe 3/4 to 1 inch thick. I am guessing to hold the power supply and battery. Though I think a battery should be stored upright.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2019 at 6:22pm
Yes I know who the seller of that scope was. Pretty sure it came from crane naval in indy. And yes I did buy my first m2 case from same guy 20 years ago. I actually unpacked the late m2 I have had for a long time. So pics of both together today 

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2019 at 6:25pm
Yes I have 2 of these cases

welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2019 at 12:00pm
First time ever seen two of those in same pictureπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. Thanks for posting!!!
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2019 at 1:06pm
I will be making the dividers this summer ,as well as fixing the delamination of the green "skin" over the wood core on the one on the left. Will be a fun project.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2020 at 4:03pm
any updates on your project?

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2020 at 3:30pm
still working on it, not as easy to find the correct material as I orig. thought

don
 Post Reply Post Reply