Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, My Name is Don and I'm a Carbinoholic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, My Name is Don and I'm a Carbinoholic
    Posted: Mar 25 2022 at 6:53pm

"New" (used) Fulton Armory M1a1 Carbine I bought off of Gunbroker last week for 1k less than a new one.

I would say if this has 300 rounds on it I'll eat the stock.

Inland trigger housing, can't tell the rest but I figure USGI

Practically no wear on the hammer.

Rockola slide

FA bolt, very little wear IMO

Standard Criterion USGI spec barrel with a manufacture data of 08/12. The serial number on this is under 200 so I would expect it's one of their early production Carbines.

The only "issue" if you can call it that is the screw for the barrel band wasn't preened. I could either do that myself or I'm thinking of getting a Type 2 band to replace it, I'll decide down the road.

I decided since I can't make the range for at least a week to hit the stock with a couple coats BLO, it's in the drying 1st coat stage now Big smile
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2022 at 7:04pm
Nice Don, but I think that you may be a Fultonoholic. LOL 
Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2022 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Nice Don, but I think that you may be a Fultonoholic. LOL 
Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.

That too Big smile I know they've gotten alot of my gun fund the past few years. They still have "Bubba" my last USGI Carbine in for a repark......

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2022 at 9:03pm
Nice and crisp!
I wouldn't worry about peening the screw. It may save you from stripping threads out if you get distracted and don't have your mind on what you're doing. Ask me how I know (it was just a post war type 3, nothing valuable was harmed).
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2022 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

Nice and crisp!
I wouldn't worry about peening the screw. It may save you from stripping threads out if you get distracted and don't have your mind on what you're doing. Ask me how I know (it was just a post war type 3, nothing valuable was harmed).

It was just strange that it came like that. I'd gotten a Type 2 from Fulton for my Plainfield a couple years ago that wasn't preened either but that didn't bother me.

I've spent the past hour playing musical stocks while I soak the Para stock in BLO. I want to give it a few coats then let it dry a couple days but it was bugging me not having the newest one in a stock. I swapped a M2 style birch stock over to it while I mess with the Para, and I'll swap them back when done.

Took that long because I didn't want to "let" any wood on a couple stocks and forgot I had the extra birch stock.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2022 at 9:45pm
sho is pretty. Carbineaholic is real. They are the only guns I look for now. Got 3 so far. 
adam lee View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2022 at 6:16pm
That's certainly a nice score. A Fulton-based commercial carbine is something I've got on my watch list, too. Did you say a Rock-Ola slide? That's what I love about the M1 carbines and M1 Garands - the extremely diverse range of possible contracted parts. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Adam Lee

Yesterday, it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2022 at 9:12am
your lucky I was not home when that auction was ending.
Good grab
 Post Reply Post Reply