The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Range Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2022 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Matt_X Matt_X wrote:

Last weekend's match I got 87 prone (OK), 71 prone rapid (big improvement but still grouping off the center), and 53 off hand ( Unhappy ). 
I strugled a bit this Spring but last month's match overall felt like a big improvement.
77 prone, 83 rapid, 78 standing = 238

One of the old timers lent me a padded shooting mat which really helped cushion my elbow from the concrete.

I've been using the SG with flip sight, and PSD 86.

Sighters left, Prone slow right.

I think if I'm more consistant, keeping in the black is within the gun's capability.
The flyer on the sighter target being an extreme example of not being consistant.
Matt_X View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2022 at 7:15am
Got a little sloppy with the rapid, and couldn't lock into as stable of an off hand this month. 
This carbine is definately capable.
Prone group is reasonably tight.  Maybe as tight as I've shot in these competitions.

35 Whelen View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 35 Whelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2022 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Matt_X Matt_X wrote:

Got a little sloppy with the rapid, and couldn't lock into as stable of an off hand this month. 
This carbine is definately capable.
Prone group is reasonably tight.  Maybe as tight as I've shot in these competitions.

I really appreciate you continuing to post your targets, you're getting better and better. Oh how I wish there were carbine matches near me!!

Your prone group, although a little east of center, looks pretty good. Was that rapid or slow fire?
Matt_X View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2022 at 9:06pm
Thanks. That's prone slow.  We're given 15 minutes total for sighters and record.
About halfway through the shots for record I decided using the hasty sling could help.  I wish I had checked the spotting scope at that point. 

I had a misfeed on the second cartridge in rapid.  Fortunately was able to get it to close without dumping it.  So I lost my cadence and maybe why I rushed and strung them out.
Standing - I just don't know.  My feet and natural point of aim were right on, but I wasn't able to get the muzzle as stable and locked in as last month.  Maybe the heat. maybe the lack of dry fire practice. Not sure. 

Kindof embaressing but i did get a photo of them.

PS. When I looked at the results today, apparently what looks like a 7 was touching the 8 ring, so the slow prone total is 86. 
My score for July's match; 86 prone, 77 rapid, 60 standing = 223.

I beleive I can pull it together and shoot at least in the 80s in all three positions. 
Practice and maybe a notebook with observations about each shot like the military scorebooks.

I wish there was an actual carbine match around here too; but I'm glad they let me play with the big boys. :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456