Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbine Club info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weimar_police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbine Club info
    Posted: Jan 31 2016 at 9:39pm
I know to long time members that is obvious.

It is not obvious to me    

So, I am curious as to how to join? (I am retired military, so do not need it for CMP)
Are previous newsletters available on DVD or just hard copy?

Ed
Edward Tinker
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I / Vol II and Vol III
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2016 at 2:25pm
right now there is no reason to join....... members paid dues which went to publishing costs and mailing of the newsletters.
As a forum member you are part of the club. Hard copy Newsletters can be purchased in the links section. The problem with DVD is people copying them

We are now publishing new newsletters on the forum here
and the equivalent to the carbine of the month here
we have also provided links to download a copy for you to print.

the club has never been a publication, it is a group of people with interest in the carbine. Membership requirements were to be submission of data sheet, spotters reports and to answer requests for information if you were able (parts markings etc). Dues was secondary. 
With the forum we were lucky enough to have a benefactor cover the costs for our website so there is no need for dues. The sales of Newsletters, which is mostly printing and postage will hopefully carry us through the years to come.
I will point out that many website have annoying ads and pop ups which you can pay to remove. these distract from what you see and IMHO make for a less than enjoyable experience.

We are currently figuring how to define "Membership" Right now if you are a registered on this forum you are part of the discussion. So technically a club member.

I am looking for input on possible "levels" of membership based on the requirements above.
Point could be awarded which you can see you get points for posting right below your name to left.
Writing a base for an article, Writing an article, spotters reports, Data sheets or helping out with club needs would be awarded  point that count to levels of membership.

Our researchers and authors as well as other club members have spent countless hours doing research including travelling to the National Archives, Libraries, factories etc. They have amassed some information that could make a great book.
I do not feel that hard work should just be put out there for the benefit of those who have put up nothing in return.  Simple filling of data sheets, sharing your carbine experiences or other things that help aid in the clubs mission.

Levels of membership could include getting on CMP roster*, Access to private forums to share information. possibly Newsletter section will be posted there. I am open to suggestions on how and what to do.

There is always a rush for people to join the CCC whenever someone needs CMP affiliation. however the stats show that people who join for that reason rarely submit anything and did not continue membership the following year.
The CMP has a requirement for eligibility. With very few exceptions it requires membership at a range. We are very lucky! I do not think a few clicks of the keyboard to join a forum is sufficient or fair to the CMP.
If anyone bothered to read the Rules and honesty policy that you agree to every time you sign in as well as those posted in the top section of the forum. The commissary you will find our honesty policy as well as requirement of full name and location. This is to everyone's benefit.
For the CMP we would need to submit this information and we will figure out just how to handle this shortly.

The reason it all of this has not been tackled yet as it that less then half of the members from 2015 have found there way here.  It is my wish to let the members including our new member have input to just how this forum will be run.

With that let the discussion begin!
 Post Reply Post Reply