Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CMP AFFILIATION PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J D Shelby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 8:01am
Updated my information 
Molon Labe
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 4:46pm
Me too
David Milisock
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 5:59pm
floydthecat updated information 5:58pm 10/29/19
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2020 at 2:10pm
After a year and a half from getting my number 15959 and 2 years from sending in my packet, I got a call from CMP in Anniston yesterday asking did I want a 1911.  I said sure and sha-zaam they shipped it overnight.  Picked it up this morning at my LGD.  Haven't looked it through but its a mixmaster with an Ithaca frame with Rand slide.  Nice and clean with no wear patterns. Anybody have a simple way of telling original finish from re-park?  I figure I'll get my Clawson and Meadows books out and see what I got.

Looking at the CMP forum re:1911s they are into the 16000s.  Fact is I gave up when I got my high number and didn't realize they are going through the numbers filling orders.   That was a pleasant surprise.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2020 at 2:21pm
Good for you sling00, hope your happy with it. I got the call a couple months ago and declined, just bad timing for me.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2020 at 3:13pm
I'm affiliated 3 different ways, OGCA/ARGC/ CC.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
wscato View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2020 at 5:39pm
Updated my info.
killerv View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 7:21am
Updated, thanks!
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 11:05am
17 emails and several PMs has brought it to my attention that the CMP has opened a second round lottery for those that did not get an RNG number the first time.

from the CMP link above
If you have already purchased a 1911 whether from the previous Random Number Generator system or the Auction site, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER 1911 at this time.

I am sure many will jump again only for CMP affiliation. Please read the first page of this thread about our requirements to be added to the list. Also CMP affiliation was addresses in the first line of the EULA that is to be read before agreeing to join the forum
Due to the work involved for list maintenance it is done when there is time and we will not submit lists more than quarterly.

The good/bad news is that it will probably take months before the second round of RNG numbers are established and still longer for the sales as they have not exhausted the first round.

To those who have received a 1911 or have a nice 1911 to share we have a section where this can be shared within the general section/other wartime weapons

1258combatengineer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1258combatengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 9:43pm
information updated
Can a moderator check to make sure i have it all listed correctly?
Thank you
Chad Jordan
1258combatengineer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1258combatengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 9:44pm
info updated
Thank you
bzh362 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzh362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 11:34pm
Updated info. Thank you! 
mrorange View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2020 at 11:36am
Updated info. Thank you kindly!
lacrosse13bb View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacrosse13bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 8:30pm
I'm pretty confident I have everything set up correctly to get on the CMP list. Thank you for making this forum!
Johnboy490 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 9:59pm
Hi,
I have been told that carbine collectors club is not affiliated with the next round of 1911 release, emails from them, saying no affiliateion, with CMP, but some people from club say yes they are, so I just don’t know what to believe, I don’t want to miss out on this, so I guess I will go to the Garand Ass, and join them,,,
John Neff
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 10:54pm
John, that somebody is me that told you were are affiliated. I am the one that does the paperwork I am the one that updates the list and has to go line by line to make sure thing like "last name, first name" are done in order.  I am also the one who paid the dues and see it listed on my credit card statement.
Then there are the emails from people who did not even do an introductory post, have no interest in carbines and asking to be fast tracked on the list.
This is all very time consuming. This is not a complaint, just a small window of the things I do.

The club has always seen an uptick in membership when certain items came to the CMP. We have dealt with it even though not always carbine related.
When it came to the point it where it was unlikely that the CMP was not going to get any more carbines there was talk of dropping affiliation. I was the one that fought to keep the affiliation as a benefit to our membership.

As we discussed in emails, the club is affiliated and the dues was paid. That it will take a few days for everything to go through.

The person at the CMP that handles the affiliations is not in the office on the weekends this could not be rectified till Monday at the earliest.

The 1911 end is separate from the other offices. I contacted the 1911Admin and discussed this and again he will have to wait till Monday.

I do highly recommend the the Garand Association, For $25 you get a quarterly publication. Lots of great guys in the GCA, many of them are here as well.

You can join online at

Once again, Thank you for your patience

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2021 at 3:53pm
CMP Affiliation 2021

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/3657/2021CMP.jpg

Everyone that met the requirement was on the first quarter list. Second Quarter List is going in the next day or two which adds those that either updated or corrected their information as well as those who meet the minimum requirements.

If you are unsure of anything please ask! If everything was not in order then you are out of luck!

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2021 at 4:02pm
I'd like to be on the list.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Johnboy490 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2021 at 4:09pm
I would like to be on list also, I have updated my info several months back,, do I have to do it again to be on the current list, thanks, john
John Neff
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2021 at 4:27pm
I'd like to be on that list. I think all my info is up to date.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>