Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TMCA Exhibit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMCA Exhibit
    Posted: Apr 01 2018 at 11:45am

Great time with grandson showing some of our collection.

Glenn
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2018 at 12:07pm
Nice picture, thanks for sharing.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
wmmwraghd View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmmwraghd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2018 at 12:13pm
Very nice picture. Also very nice display rack.  

Thank You for sharing.
old59porsche View Drop Down
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 1:37pm
Looks like a bunch of carbines to the right rear. What about them?
Retired Army Guy
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 2:08pm
Not mine. They were all humped.
Glenn
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 2:21pm
Did you look at all nine of them, or you just know the exhibitor?
Retired Army Guy
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 4:12pm
L@@KED!!
Glenn
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 4:32pm
Thanks for the answer, when I don't trust someone, I don't even look at their carbines.
Retired Army Guy
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 5:28pm
Best to know who your dealing with. Been at this 50yrs. & know who is legit & who isn't.
Glenn
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by usmcdoc67 usmcdoc67 wrote:

Not mine. They were all humped.

Do I see arsenal rebuilt Carbines on that display? Looks like about 6 with bayonet lugs.
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 9:22am
You must be referring to the ones in the back ground. Mine are untouched, original, as manufactured. And yes, the ones in background were all rebuilt. Don't fool with rebuilt one's, unless at a good price with good parts.
Glenn
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 11:18am
Judging from the items on your table you must be a good source for parts. What's for sale?
Retired Army Guy
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 6:07pm
Let me know by PM what your needing. Will be in Tulsa rest of week, so it may be next week before I respond.
Glenn
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 8:55pm

You must be referring to the ones in the back ground. Mine are untouched, original, as manufactured. And yes, the ones in background were all rebuilt. Don't fool with rebuilt one's, unless at a good price with good parts.

Yes, the ones on the other table that have bayo lugs and adjustable sights that some appear to be arsenal rebuilt. I wouldn't consider those humped. Even partially corrected ones might not be humped. Humped would indicate fake parts or or ground off import marks. Poor corrections would just be parts guns to me, but I wouldn't call them humped.
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2018 at 7:53am
Many fake parts were evident, so yes the were humped.
Glenn
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2018 at 9:11pm

Many fake parts were evident, so yes the were humped.

I believe I'm chatting with the display owner right now. He was set up next to you. I know him well and see his Carbines all the time.

You know, a couple of other regulars on this site have seen his stuff too. He's about as honest as anybody I've ever dealt with when buying. One of the nicest Winchesters I've ever had came from him for a great price. He doesn't add any fake parts to his Carbines.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2018 at 9:00pm
Looks like a nice show. Way more carbine related things than I see at mine. Most are rebuilds or humped posing as or presented as orignal.

Thanks for sharing.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 9:58am
A nice thing about the seller in the background, he has Carbines you're allowed to handle and once a year I find something good to buy from him.  For years the number of Carbines was dropping at shows, until he got into them. It's nice to walk into a show and get your fix. The best stuff he gets sells quickly but sometimes I'm in the right place to snag one. Nobody is going to intentionally install bayonet lugs and adjustable sights on for-sale Carbines like the 6 or so seen in the picture, so I wouldn't call them humped. Humped is selling something as original when it has faked stuff. The Saginaw on GB right now stating it's 'likely original' when it has many repop parts is humped.

GNberet has joined here to post.
GNBeret View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GNBeret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 5:41pm
I don’t claim any carbine as original. Can’t do that unless you got it from the person it was issued to. I don’t claim fake parts are real. I don’t know what you mean by “humped”, and don’t really care. I try to get reasonably priced Carbines as correct as I can as pass them on to new collectors at the best price I can. Not in it for money, I’m in it for the history and passing that history on. I point out any defects I know of and give the buyer my name, phone number and email in case they have an issue. I have integrity, and don’t talk trash about people I don’t know. I listened to you say incorrect things about Carbines for 2 days, with stories that changed depending on the audience. Might want to darken the fresh wood on the S’G’ “cartouche”...
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 10:14pm
Posting this outcome for perspective. It's pertinent to the accusations made.

As additional info, the last Carbine I was fortunate enough to pick up from GNBeret is really solid, and wasn't rebuilt. I showed it to deldriver when I got it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>