The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question: UtiliMAK Carbine Mount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2023 at 11:00am
Hi Don, I had an adjustable. I added the flashlight and a dab of paint to the front sight and it  lights up like a Christmas tree. As for antique eyes I'm a candidate, me being old enough to remember Eisenhower as President. My understanding is when they went to the adjustable sight they adjusted the front sight by cutting it down or replacing it, so I guess they could be different hights,  Regards, Mike
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2023 at 9:56am
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

Originally posted by Uncle Mike Uncle Mike wrote:

Hi, maybe I had one with a short front sight. In my parts box I have several front  sights of different sizes. Like I said YMMY, hope you have better luck than me, regards, Mike

Did you have a flip sight or adjustable sight? I've got the later on my carbines  

I have the later ramp sights.
David Milisock
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2023 at 8:05pm
In most cases, when they replaced the rear sights they didn't bother to change the front sights. That is why so many carbines with adjustable rear sights shoot high. 
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2023 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

In most cases, when they replaced the rear sights they didn't bother to change the front sights. That is why so many carbines with adjustable rear sights shoot high. 

Had that issue with my "Howachester", that was the 1st carbine I tried the Ultimak on. I eventually put a new front sight on it and that corrected the issue with that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12