Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB-Late SP Low Wood with Type 2 Marks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB-Late SP Low Wood with Type 2 Marks
    Posted: Oct 26 2019 at 2:39pm
All, I'm looking for an oddity in a way, that being a low wood type 3 stock marked for Standard Products ( most likely SH-B ) in the slingwell that has both a cartouche and type two barrel band marks only on the nose. I found a super late production SP carbine at a local show today that appears mostly original, other than the stock and possibly two of the trigger housing parts. Please let me know what you could have through the site PM system.

Thanks
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2019 at 3:26pm
Glad you got that Carbine. I went to stalk it from the next aisle so he wouldn't see I was interested in it. Then it wasn't there and I noticed Notorious Dealer X (you know who) watching me look for it. Thought he had snagged it.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 10:06am
It for sure stood out versus the normal rebuilds that you see at that show, if you see one at all. ME of about 0.90 and a very bright well defined bore. Also, it has an original Hemphill type two and unmarked type two barrel band. It's the second SP I've had in the 2.23 range, but this one is much later than my first one.

Now, if I can find that pesky stock! This is going to be a long search I can tell.
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 11:17am
Why Carbines?    I'm pretty sure I have what your looking for. Give me a few days to check. I'll be back home this weekend. Might have an import mark? not sure tho. Gene
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 7:04pm
Gene, I hope it is not import marked ( FAT I assume ) since the carbine itself isn't. Take your time and let me know what you have. Thanks for your reply.
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 8:42pm
I call home, it's stamped on the left side AN. Sorry
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2019 at 1:39pm
Sorry, Gene I misspoke when I said import I should have assumed or said an arsenal or other type mark. Does it have a cartouche? Even with the AN stamp I might still be interested as a stopgap one until I find one with no arsenal or if one wants use rebuild marks.
jim77cg View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2019 at 12:12pm
Grunt,
May have a stock that fits your needs.  It is a Type 3, Jamestown Lounge stock for Standard Products marked with an SJ in sling cutout.  It has a worn but recognizable SP cartouche on the right hand-side.  No arsenal rework marks.  Does however have a slight repair at base of recoil plate, one brass pin and small wood plug.  If interested I could try to take some pictures.
Jim
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by jim77cg jim77cg wrote:

Grunt,
May have a stock that fits your needs.  It is a Type 3, Jamestown Lounge stock for Standard Products marked with an SJ in sling cutout.  It has a worn but recognizable SP cartouche on the right hand-side.  No arsenal rework marks.  Does however have a slight repair at base of recoil plate, one brass pin and small wood plug.  If interested I could try to take some pictures.
Jim

Hi Jim, that sounds intriguing. Do you know or remember what kind of band marks it had on the nose? Type two band marks would be perfect. Thanks for you reply.
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2019 at 10:45pm
PM sent
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2019 at 8:43pm
All, I found a good useable stock, but if anyone else has an SP low wood with type two barrel band marks only on the nose, no rebuild marks and no major repairs done let me know and maybe we can work something out. Thanks for all of the replies I received in finding this item in what amounted to little time.

Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2020 at 1:23pm
About forgot about this ad. Anyway, I would still be interested in finding an SP low wood stock with cartouche, type 2 barrel band marks only on the nose, no rebuild marks and no major repairs. I have a good one now, but there's always a better one out there is my philosophy.

Thanks
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2020 at 9:51pm
hunting arrowheads!
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by welbytwo welbytwo wrote:

hunting arrowheads!

I'll accept arrowheads, but have grown tired of all the potato chip and popcorn references.
 Post Reply Post Reply