The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to share a few images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to share a few images
    Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 10:51am
Hope I can get these to post. Some of you may find them interesting. Remington 1911A1, High Standard Model B U.S., Smith & Wesson SV Victory model Navy marked.

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 10:53am
next

Various knives, scabbards bayonets and a military hatchet (American Fork & Hoe)
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 10:54am
another

Springfield M1, Winchester M1917 and Smith Corona 03-A3
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 10:55am
And the one you've been waiting for:

National Postal meter with a beech stock (AO/IBM/NPM!), Inland (SG receiver with X suffix serial number) and a 25,5XX serial number Inland.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 11:39am
Good stuff Smokpole, thanks for posting!
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 1:27pm
Very nice indeed! Thank you
Would love to see more of NPM.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 2:20pm
Nice collection! I particularly like the S & W Army and its period holster. What year is yours? Can you post a pic of the back side of the holster?
JackP
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 8:27pm
The S&W is marked Navy, not Army. I prefer not to show the back because the name of a Naval Lt. is scratched into the back and I don't know if he survived the war. I have a bunch of stuff from my father as well. He was a Glider rider in the 82nd A.B, then 101st A.B. and crossed the Rhine with the 17th A.B. Here is another picture, if I can get it to post, showing some accessories like an invasion bag to keep water and sand out of rifles, A selection of carbine rounds, a couple of grenade launchers and a selection of carbine tools. 

Edited by Smokpole - Dec 31 2019 at 9:55pm
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2019 at 9:43pm

More than one way to skin a cat! Had to post this one differently to get it to show.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2020 at 3:47pm
Nice stuff. What king of pocket pouch is that in the last picture?

Do you still have your lineouts? I am sure guys would love to see those.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2020 at 7:36pm
Unfortunately, I had a major financial problem and had to sell the lineouts. Wish I still had them. I'll have to take a look and see what the pouch actually is. I never bothered to look closely since I just use it to hold the oddball ammo. To answer jackp's question, the S&W is a 1944 pistol.
  I was offered an IBM this morning for $750. Decided to pass on it. It was an Israeli return. M.W.4, reparked parts gun with an M2 stock. Had a bayonet lug and stamped rear sight on it. Can anyone identify a band marking of a diamond with an 0 inside? For some reason I can't seem to find that one. And the 0 was very clear; no mistaking it for anything else. It looked decent, but with that much muzzle wear, I don't think it would have made a good shooter.

Edited by Smokpole - Jan 01 2020 at 10:02pm
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2020 at 7:58pm
sure that was not a D in the diamond? The D is pointing up.
Donaldson Company. CCNL 356 by Fred Powers and referenced in CCNL 235-6.
War time replacements,  but possible use by Winchester,  though not confirmed 
Jt22453 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jt22453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2020 at 8:02pm
Like this
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2020 at 9:58pm
This one was clearly an 0 not a D. I've seen the Donaldson marks before. But this one was an 0. That's what has me scratching my noggin! And the orientation was with the long axis of the 0 being the same as the long axis of the diamond.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
triple20 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2022 at 10:31pm
Fantastic collection!
PBICarbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2022 at 8:56pm
GREAT stuff how do you post pictures?
 Post Reply Post Reply