Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ohio OGCA Show 11/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohio OGCA Show 11/20/21
    Posted: Nov 20 2021 at 3:32pm
Ended up going up today, was going to hit the range afterwards but it's still on the chilly side.

Carbine prices were on the high side for the most part. I did see 1 decent Standard Products postwar rebuild the seller was asking $1350 for, barrel gauged a "1".

Everything else was at least $2k (that $6k one was there again Jim).

I did see 1 "commercial" that tempted me, a Gen 1 Universal (serial #47000ish) the seller was asking $650 for. I talked myself out of it. I figure I just lost a weeks pay due to a ear infection plus Xmas is coming up, that and I had 2 Carbines in the car I should have taken to the range instead of stopping there. Maybe after the holidays I see it there next time
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 10:16am
 I was going to go yesterday but didn't get a chance.
Just out of curiosity what mfg is the $6k carbine?
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Durango56 Durango56 wrote:

"I'll take Irwin-Pedersen for 1,000, Alex."

You've got better restraint than I do, Don! That Universal was quite the deal.
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Pro Libertate Pro Libertate wrote:

Originally posted by Durango56 Durango56 wrote:

"I'll take Irwin-Pedersen for 1,000, Alex."

You've got better restraint than I do, Don! That Universal was quite the deal.

Tell me about it. I was tempted to try and sell my Mini 14 at the show today and use the money for it but I don't sell like lugging it around and not getting my asking price to cover the Univeral.

That and I figure 7 Carbines is enough for now. I need to start restocking ammo anyway
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 12:42pm
Mini-14s seem to be a pretty hot item right now. I bought a stainless version a couple years ago and sold it recently for a $200 profit. Of course, I realize firearms command a higher price in some areas of the country as opposed to others... and then there's the continuing devaluation of the U.S. dollar one also has to take into account.

I picked up some Remington UMC ammo at Cabela's yesterday. I never thought I'd live to see the day when .30 Carbine ammo would sell for $1/round! I wouldn't have paid the premium, save for the fact I had accumulated $30 in "Cabela's Points".
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 4:37pm
Point Blank near me gets Arsmcor .30 Carbine in at $30 bucks of 50, not great but cheaper than Cabela's. Problem is they only seem to get 1-2 boxes a time but even then if they get it I can replace what I shoot and keep a even stash until prices come down more
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 5:06pm
Man... I'm envious! That's not a bad price given the current climate.

I'm waiting on Santa to bring me some .30 Carbine reloading dies for Christmas.
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 7:41pm
That $6000 carbine is a put together IP. One quick look and you know it isn't right. I doubt that anyone who knows anything about carbines will buy it. But then there are suckers who might jump on it simply because it is marked IP.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

Point Blank near me gets Arsmcor .30 Carbine in at $30 bucks of 50, not great but cheaper than Cabela's. Problem is they only seem to get 1-2 boxes a time but even then if they get it I can replace what I shoot and keep a even stash until prices come down more

I could live with it. The only reason I didn't buy what they had last time I saw it there was I left my debit card by the computer after I payed some bills last weekend, it was gone this week. I live a few minutes away and check it once a week, odds are I'll snag some next time they get it in that price.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

That $6000 carbine is a put together IP. One quick look and you know it isn't right. I doubt that anyone who knows anything about carbines will buy it. But then there are suckers who might jump on it simply because it is marked IP.

My timing sucked yesterday, Jim, there was a semi decent Inland the guy said he paid $700 for. Barrel gauged a "3+'' and the stock was cracked but if I had seen it 1st I'd have snagged it and dropped that barrel I have on it with my spare M2 stock.

I wasn't planning on going but didn't have to work yesterday and figured might as well. Hopefully we can hook up 1st show next year and I can get you that brass and by the 2nd show 2022 my gun fund should have enough to look for another USGI if I decide I want another.
 Post Reply Post Reply