Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tiger striped Auto-Ordinance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowtalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger striped Auto-Ordinance
    Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 6:50pm
I decided to buy a new Auto-Ordinance a couple of years ago because I love shooting the carbine platform and I don't want to wear out my little-used Bavarian.

I assumed it would have OK wood and I planned to bed it in an M2 stock I had lying about, but when I took it out of the box, I was blown away by the beauty of the stock...at that moment I really didn't care if it would be reliable or not, I was in love.

When I started running some ammo through it, it started jamming, but I realized it was a few of the mags I had that it didn't like and when I started using USGI mags only, it ran without incident with factory and reloads both. I later swapped the mag catch to a type 2 USGI and that helped, though there are still a couple of mags it doesn't like (it likes the 30 rounds fine which surprised me).

Another thing I immediately liked about this gun was the serial number...it is: 1776 (God Bless America!)
crowtalks
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 7:01pm
Wow, gorgeous stock!!! Looks like a presentation grade. I have found it very difficult to find tiger striped handguards to match. I have only run across 1 and it's with my tiger striped SA.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 7:13pm
Nice looking stock.

This is a good read to tweak issues with A/O carbines

crowtalks View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowtalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

Wow, gorgeous stock!!! Looks like a presentation grade. I have found it very difficult to find tiger striped handguards to match. I have only run across 1 and it's with my tiger striped SA.

Nope! no tiger striped handguard...(bummer)
crowtalks
crowtalks View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowtalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

Nice looking stock.

This is a good read to tweak issues with A/O carbines

Man, I didn't know this site existed. Thanks heaps!
crowtalks
crowtalks View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowtalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

(my dumbassness is shining brightly tonight) What is a SA? :-)
crowtalks
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by crowtalks crowtalks wrote:

Nope! no tiger striped handguard...(bummer)

The M1A1 stock I ordered from Numrich has a beautiful tiger-striped handguard, though the rest of the stock is rather plain walnut. If you're interested, I might consider a trade, as it looks kind of incongruous as it is. Of course, the tone of the finish could vary considerably between the two, in which case we may just want to stick with what we've got. Stain matching can bring a whole lot of headaches!
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 8:10pm

What is a SA? :-)

He's referring to the manufacturer of his carbine: Springfield Armory.
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
crowtalks View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowtalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Pro Libertate Pro Libertate wrote:

What is a SA? :-)

He's referring to the manufacturer of his carbine: Springfield Armory.

LOL...of course. Thanks!
crowtalks
 Post Reply Post Reply