Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunday Funnies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2022 at 12:52pm
They didn't even bother to try to plug it. Not that it would make it disappear.....
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
newsman3 View Drop Down
newsmen
newsmen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2022 at 10:43am
Funny or Sad?

Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2022 at 11:07am
Examples like this should be expected in today's carbine world and for the foreseeable future as long as there are correctors out there. If carbine collectors were suddenly stopped doing what they do then ads like the above would dry up to a degree, but there will always be greed out there.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 10:18am
Holy Gambit of colorful Christmas Trees, the ultimate stock!
The high bidder really needs this one!

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/5600/FunnyWinToSAStock.jpg
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 10:19am
That’s one of a kind 
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Holy Gambit of colorful Christmas Trees, the ultimate stock!
The high bidder really needs this one!

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/5600/FunnyWinToSAStock.jpg

I don't know, I kinda of like it myself Big smile
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 12:43pm
Looks pretty fake to me!  Am I wrong?
"I think youngsters need to start thinking about what kind of world they will leave for me and Keith Richards". Willie Nelson
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Sawbones Sawbones wrote:

Looks pretty fake to me!  Am I wrong?

That is why it is in the funny pages.

This is not the first time the story of SA stock winding up in in a prime contractors hands.
When did SA make birch potbelly stocks?
When did carbine production end?
The P is a nice touch, where is the rebuild mark?
Interesting CC and location.
Oh, and an interesting recoil plate.

It is a nice SA stock that I might have considered, until it became a tragic comedy.

Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 2:48pm
Oh! My! I gotta have it!!! That is the most impressive Winchester stock I have ever seen! And that proof tested recoil plate! WOW! I would trade my entire collection for that stock! (NOT)
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 10:45pm
Yeah I believe all Springfield armory parts for the carbine were all postwar so if that's true it'd be pretty impossible for it to be sent to Winchester haha. The things people come up with haha. That's the fanciest recoil plate I have ever seen!
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2022 at 10:48pm
Winchester done went and proofed a recoil plate hahaha
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2023 at 11:39am
There are a few legit carbine slings listed on ebay, this is NOT one of them. LOL

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2023 at 10:35am
From a 1943 newspaper Column

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/5600/FunnyNews.jpg
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 4:20pm
"I think youngsters need to start thinking about what kind of world they will leave for me and Keith Richards". Willie Nelson
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 6:11pm
Sawbones, as someone who loves oysters, I can appreciate the rare M4 Oyster Knife/Bayonet!
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 7:41pm
Yeah Dubbya-5, I'd rather have a 3 dozen oysters on the half and a coupla bottles of home brew beer than a fillet migg-non and wine.  This oyster knife is awesome to say the least.

Looks as though someone used the bayo as a pry-bar and messed up the old relic.  I should'a preambled the thread  "American Ingenuity".  
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2023 at 10:57am
You can usually count on a good laugh from many of the listings on ebay, here are a couple that stood out this week. 
"Inland M1 Carbine stock" with "Nice cartouche on side of stock and IO in sling well and on handguard" Seller forgot to mention the SA marking to the left of the barrel channel.

Next, we have this. 
"WWII U.S. Military M1 Carbine Sling OD with "C" Tips Original Inland" "Original M1 carbine sling. This was on an inland 1944 dated example. It's in good shape. Don't see any exposed markings." Seller forgot to mention that mounting hardware is included.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2023 at 9:15pm
*shaking my head* Are these people really that stupid or are they just tying to pull fast ones?
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2023 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

*shaking my head* Are these people really that stupid or are they just tying to pull fast ones?

Yes!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2023 at 1:21am
This decent case M4 was on ebay recently. Judging by the title and description the seller may fall in the "Are these people really that stupid" category.

"RARE WWII French Foreign Legion Stamped US WR Case M4 Fighting Knife M8A1 Sheath"
"This bayonet/fighting knife is an extremely unique and rare example. It bears the stamp of what appears to be the logo of the French Foreign Legion on the underside of the handle guard and the M4 CASE Stamp on the reverse"

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>