Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does this all seem correct?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does this all seem correct?
    Posted: Jan 22 2022 at 4:33pm
From what I can see all parts seem to be original and not mix up or reworked. I am newer to carbine collecting but absolutely love it. There are some very knowledgeable people on here so I figured I show it off. It is a Winchester searial 1,09X,XXX.

Edited by New2brass - Jan 22 2022 at 6:20pm
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 10:33am
Nice early Winchester. Any pics of the top of the bolt. Better pic of the front sight?
Corey76 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 12:08pm
HammerGrunt View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 12:47pm
That’s an outstanding early Winchester. Depending on what number comes after 9 on your receiver serial number, it’s less than 8000 Numbers away from the one that I posted about on the forum a few months ago and would have been produced in the same month together so Brothers in Arms :-)

All the markings and features you show are the same features as mine except mine has the L on the left side of the front site. 

Again, a really nice early Winchester. Congratulations!
Corey76 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 1:22pm
It is a 1,095,XXX. I will have to check out the left side of the front sight. 
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 1:55pm
Then our War production brother receivers are only about 4000 numbers apart and could’ve been made in the same week! 
And a correction on my part, the L on my front sight is on the right hand side.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 2:05pm
Corey76 I just refreshed the posting I did in November over in the Carbines of the Collectors section. You can go over and take a look and see the similarities between these two very close produced early Winchesters.

The wood grain on your buttstock is gorgeous just like on mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply