Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M8 Launcher carrying Case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M8 Launcher carrying Case
    Posted: Aug 21 2022 at 11:37am
Is there a specific carrying case issued with the M8 Grenade Launcher? 
I'm probably overlooking the obvious, but I cannot seem to locate any in searches.

Thanks
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2022 at 12:39pm
I'm not an expert but I have read a lot about the M8's and own a couple myself and I'm not aware of any carrying case.but the experts will correct me if I'm wrong. Because if there is one, I need it for my collection haha.hth
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2022 at 1:44pm
Also not sure that there was a USGI M8 carrying case, but Fulton has had M8's for sale for awhile now and the are pictured with a leather case?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2022 at 2:34pm
I'm not 100% positive but I think that case at Fulton may be German in origin. I do know a lot of our grenade launchers of various types went to Germany post war and they used their grenade launcher cases for our grenade launchers.hth. even an M7 or it's three variations would fit in that case as well. I've seen M7A3's with that exact same case that was thought to be from Germany
jangle View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2022 at 10:56am
Thanks for the replies.
I had seen the Fulton add.  That's what fueled my curiosity in asking about the cases.  Those leather cases do not look USGI. They look too large for the launcher and appear to have a small sawn on pouch on each side, for what?
In searching through original photos with launchers attached to barrel, I've not yet come across anything that looks like a pouch on a belt.  
I'll keep looking!
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2022 at 4:40pm
To my knowledge no cases ever existed in the US military inventory for the M8 or M7 launchers. The leather ones that pop up are all European production.
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2022 at 10:37pm
I agree with carbine kid--I been looking for one for 20 yrs and have not found-need a back pack to put all the stuff for launching a grenade including the grenades-think about it
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2022 at 10:47pm
speaking of m8 launchers lets do some research on how many different ones there may be--I think I am at 14-15 different m7 launchers in my collection-I think I have 11 different m8 launchers now--I have to sort thru to see but have MLS, KMCO-4 different, USBCO-two diff, S-R type 1, Reliance type 1 and 2, basically 3 type ones and 7 different type 2's plus the Texas Arnament and maybe a foreign copy-any one have something seeming different do not hide in the closet-we need to know what is out there--Dan maybe start a new post with this???
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2022 at 10:50pm
just counted my M7 different markings and types--20 different ones
 Post Reply Post Reply