Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wooden Grip on Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired_LEO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wooden Grip on Stock
    Posted: Aug 31 2022 at 9:22pm
You guys are probably the only ones on the planet who’d know about that really awesome front grip on this Plainfield Machine Paratrooper Model.  I’ve never seen it anywhere else.  Does somebody make these?

Any info would be appreciated because I’d love to have one of those stocks.  
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2022 at 10:02pm
Those Plainfield Para stocks show up on ebay every now and then, I think there have been 2 or 3 sold in the past 3 months. From my own experience with a Plainfield Paratrooper, I would say that it was by far the most uncomfortable stock I have ever shot with, ended up selling it a few months after I bought it.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Retired_LEO View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired_LEO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 12:39am
Good to know, thanks!  

I’ll keep checking eBay.  So what do you think was the reasoning for installing the front grip?  It sure looks nice - yes, you probably can’t aim worth a darn with that.  I won’t know until I try one.

It does seem like it might be made to work like an MP5.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 7:12am

Originally posted by Rebel92 Rebel92 wrote:

Humpday edition (my favorite) full GB listing listed below the picture 

This one hurts me. I present to you, the Rock-Ola Pistol for your ?enjoyment? (painful for me, anyways) 

There is a CCNL with a Sargent with a carbine with a front grip and his sgt stripes on it. Anyone remember what issue that was in?

Edited by New2brass - Sep 01 2022 at 7:58am
Retired_LEO View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired_LEO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

This one hurts me. I present to you, the Rock-Ola Pistol for your ?enjoyment? (painful for me, anyways) 

There is a CCNL with a Sargent with a carbine with a front grip and his sgt stripes on it. Anyone remember what issue that was in?

That one is mutilated and it kind of nauseates me.  

The things you can create with some wood and a few tools from Harbor Freight!  I own a Plainfield Machine carbine and saw the paratrooper model with wooden grip near the front of the weapon.  Now that one looks legit!  I still want to see how it operates when configured like that…
thirtyround View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 6:33pm
In Addition, there are several photo's I have run across of this stock on GI M1/M2's being used by our guys in Vietnam.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

I'm glad I took a 2nd look at this abortion before I placed a bid on it. I was thinking it could be saved until I saw some idiot ground down the rear sight mount.

I was thinking I could put my spare USGI Inland 7/44 on it with a new stock set and sights. 
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Those Plainfield Para stocks show up on ebay every now and then, I think there have been 2 or 3 sold in the past 3 months. From my own experience with a Plainfield Paratrooper, I would say that it was by far the most uncomfortable stock I have ever shot with, ended up selling it a few months after I bought it.

What he said. My 1st Plainfield had one of those and it sucked to shoot.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 8:21pm
Aside from being butt-ugly, I think they are prone to breakage as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply