The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

forum help members maybe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: forum help members maybe?
    Posted: Jan 23 2016 at 6:54am
OK , I don't know my way around these things, but I hope to change that and obviously going to need help. I'm 65 and its my first one.  I believe my presence will be welcome if I can navigate.
 example topic, new member introductions, I cant find a spot to clic and make a post ? only reply to another members post !

how would one  post in that forum , without starting a new topic, or replying to a specific members post.
 otherwise a NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION?   I'm sure it will be an issue for me else where but I have been trying to do this for 3 days there...   cheers and thanx   mikeClap
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2016 at 10:06am
Mike,
Seems that several are new to forums and having issues navigating and posting on forums. This post will serve to help others that may have not gotten as far as you.

Basically the forum is like a big file cabinet with folder sections or drawers.  within those sections are files (topics) which may have sub sections. you need to click on the area you wish to go.

Your post above is a "New Topic" in the New Member Introductions" section.
This was made by clicking "New Topic" while in "Forum Home > Forum Guidance > New Member Introductions"
which can be seen in navigation bar, upper left, next to house picture in grey bar below the carbine picture (banner). you can click any of those words on navigation bar to go to that location.

once you select a existing topic, then you can reply to a post in 3 ways. very top of the post there is a "Post Reply" button that will open a box to type a reply.
that button is also located below the bottom of all posts on that page.
Both of these methods open what is called a full reply editor which has a few more options such as posting pictures. (will link info )

The third and easiest method to reply is the "Quick Reply " box at the bottom of a topic, you will not see this in an area that has no posts. An example would be one level/folder  up "New Member Introductions"
While typing in the "Quick Reply" box should you want to go advanced, you can click the full reply editor.

I hope this helps, if not reply to post and I will help any way I can.

Incidentally, you can also contact me through a Private message by clicking on my name. this will open a Members Profile. on the right side there are options. click send PM (Private Message)

on the navigation bar you can get to your PM box and click on or near the little letter. from there you can also compose new messages as well as reply to any messages you have received.

weimar_police View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weimar_police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2016 at 11:32am
To those of use 'used' to forums, it is still a bit puzzling when we get onto a 'new' forum

There are terms and words that throw us off, so folks who are not used to them at all, it is mind-boggling I am sure

as said above, you can follow his steps

I sometimes try to think like my profession; so you find the area you want to post in; click that

Then if you want a new subject - new posting - if replying to someones item, then reply.

It'll come
Edward Tinker
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I / Vol II and Vol III
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
 Post Reply Post Reply