The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karabiner, M1 - Dallas TX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crusader_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2020 at 10:43am
Thanks for doing this. It is most impressive. I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of work and effort needed to build and organize something like this. Congratulations on a job well done! It is always nice to know and find out about stuff you had no idea happened. 

Cheers,

Rubén 
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2020 at 7:14pm
Jim, If you ever decide to bring that display to OGCA and you need help bringing it up here, contact me. I'd be happy to come down there and help you get it to Wilmington and back safely. The hall where the display show is held has 24hr. security. I'm a life member of OGCA and have been a member for over 25 years.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2020 at 11:33pm
Thanks for the offer, James.

The display has been dismantled with almost all parts donated or sold. For a number of reasons. Long story. It was a short term effort at getting the history known. CMP receiving the returns from Austria gave that effort a major boost.

I'd been invited to OGCA by Robert Wos. Initially planned for 2011. When I couldn't swing it, I hoped for 2012. Personal events in combination with the costs, time, and risks of travel prevented me from doing 2012. I was disappointed I let Wos down, but with the combination of things I had to call it off.

As you can see with all these web pages on the 3 websites here, my long term goals have been, and still are, much broader and very time consuming. It was time to call that short term goal completed and move on. BavarianM1Carbines.com has been my primary means of sharing that history since about 2008.

So the display is also now history. I'm not a collector or website guru. I'm a researcher who knows the greatest value of history and doing historical research is making it known.

Jim
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2020 at 7:21pm
If you ever do decide to come to the show, let me know in advance. Its a 4 hour trip for me. I'm about as far from the show as you can get and still be in Ohio! Draw a diagonal line from Wilmington to the northeast corner of the state and it will pass just a couple of mile from my house!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12