The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War Baby, U.S. Carbine Cal. .30, M1 - Puyallup, WA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War Baby, U.S. Carbine Cal. .30, M1 - Puyallup, WA
    Posted: Dec 19 2017 at 2:41am
Washington Arms Collectors Display Show
Washington State Fairgrounds
Puyallup, WA
October 28th & 29th, 2017

2017 1st Place - Military

With permission of JimF4M1s, one of the builders of the display, from our friends at the MilSurps Forum

Six months ago a friend and I saw the upcoming ad for a display show in Washington. So we put our older minds together to see what we could come up with. It had to have a theme with an educational flow. We had three tables and this barely fit on two, leaving us a sale table as well. Two hour drive each way plus the eight hours a day show took a tole with my health issues, but it was enjoyable and worthwhile.

My hope was/is to generate interest in our hobby to younger generations. Wanting to keep alive the history of something I have collected for over forty years.

I thought it turned out pretty nice. Lots of people stopped to read and ask questions. With many being forty and under.

The bad, my 2x, scope, M1A1icon's, Winchesters, bags, will probably never get displayed like this again. But it was a very enjoyable weekend.

(To view a larger version click on the image)

With the end results ...

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2017 at 6:00am
Superb! Well I guess that is obvious by the First Place award.  It was interesting including the commercial and sporterizing aspects to show the continuation of the carbine.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2017 at 6:32am
Congrats on 1st place. Very nice.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2017 at 9:41am
Thanks for sharing. What a fantastic display. Seems like all the great displays are out west. Also a big thanks to jim for allow you to post here. Salivating over the first and second prod paratroopers.
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2018 at 6:59pm
This is just fantastic, excellent display, something to be treasured. My big worry Jim, is what will become of your War Babies when you retire from the hobby, they deserve to be on permanent display somewhere prominent for future generations to learn and ah over. The older these/we get, the more people will forget the War Babies, something great like this will be a powerful educator of a time long ago. Imagine 100, 200 years from now when we are all long gone, that the War Babies will be living on because of collectors like you. Those who'll chose to save them and give them to a place that will care for them where they can live on in permanent display for the benefit of mankind.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2018 at 9:35pm
Stay tuned to the USCarbineCal30.com forum for an important future announcement regarding museums. It's still in the works but hopefully can be shared in a month or so.

Jim in Cali (vs Jim in WA that built this display)
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 7:26pm
I'm very proud of my good friend Jim F, for this display and so many other things he's accomplished in his life. I knew this wore him out but he did it for the younger collectors and any with a growing interest in our beloved Carbines. 

I'd like to get a few of his pictures made up to use as background display posters.

Once again.... Thank You Jim F !

Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2018 at 12:59pm
I really wish there was 1 more picture of this display.
1 with Jim and Jim in it.

V/R
Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2018 at 8:56pm
Hope JimF is doing ok.
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2018 at 12:01pm
great work. good to see someone so passionate about the carbine
swamprat View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2018 at 10:17pm
Wow! Very nice display!
 Post Reply Post Reply