The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War Baby, Revised & Expanded Edition -Puyallup, WA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War Baby, Revised & Expanded Edition -Puyallup, WA
    Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 9:46am
Washington Arms Collectors Display Show
Washington State Fairgrounds
Puyallup, WA
October 12th & 13th, 2019

2019 Best of Show

Congratulations to Tom Godwin on another winner. This one was a massive display of the history of the .30 cal. carbines that earned him the 2019 award for "Best of Show" from the Washington Arms Collectors. Thanks Tom, for all your hard work, effort, and sharing.

A little background I neglected to initially include when I posted this. Thanks for reminding me Charlie....

The initial display shown in 2017 was a team effort by Jim Flavin and Tom Godwin. Both were at the 2017 show but Jim was confined to a chair because of health problems. Unfortunately Jim's health has continued to decline. He could no longer be a part of the project except on an advisor level. He's been unable to travel and remains at home.

Tom did most of the physical work for 2017 and the past 2 years since he has acquired many items from Jim's collection and added to it, as you can see. Tom met with me on a work trip to the Los Angeles area about a year ago to go over the display and all the things he's working on. His level of enthusiasm is impressive. He remains in touch with Jim as a technical advisor.

(To view a larger version click on the image)

Tom Godwin

Posted by Jim with the pics provided by Tom Godwin.

Edited by sleeplessnashadow - Dec 21 2023 at 6:02pm
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 11:26am
Wow, what a great display!
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 12:34pm
Hats off to Tom,
This display reminds me of my good friend JimF4m1's.
Lot of work, well deserved Trophy.

P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 5:00pm
What a fanstatic display! Congrats on the win! Well deserved.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2019 at 5:52am
Thanks for posting these pics.  Outstanding!
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2019 at 7:30am
That's impressive! Thumbs Up

Thanks for the photos Jim.
Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply