Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay Prices!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 345 desoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eBay Prices!!!
    Posted: Jan 23 2021 at 8:36am
Just for grins, I went on eBay to look at what they had for parts. Are the prices they're asking for REAL?! There's some obvious JUNK on there that they're asking stupid prices for. I was thinking about replacing all the parts in my G.I. trigger group with NOS, but at those prices, and the dubious "NOS", I'll keep what I have...
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2021 at 9:05am
Yep, parts prices are through the roof these days. I do have ebay search set up to receive notifications on parts that are posted, mostly because I like looking at markings and checking for fakes. Once in a while, a bargain pops up. I do see parts selling.
Add: I'll bet your trigger group as-is holds up as long as the rifle does. Haven't seen much go bad there. I have swapped out a trigger spring or sear before to change the trigger pull but that's about it.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2021 at 9:17am
Others might have had different experiences, but I have never had to change a USGI TH component because it was worn-out or broken. Have had issues with ill-fitting commercial parts, such as rubs or cast-lines on sears, triggers or hammers and cast housings, but not much else. If it ain’t broke....don’t fix it.
Quark's View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quark's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2021 at 8:47pm
Prices are high because of the huge demand from younger Gen x'ers and millenials who watched Band of brothers when they were younger. Now they can own and now they buy.
 Post Reply Post Reply