Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new NPM mixmaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slklmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new NPM mixmaster
    Posted: Oct 07 2021 at 8:41pm
I picked up a National Postal Meter last month in Colorado to go with my Irwin-Pedersen, Saginaw S'G', Inland M3, and Inland.  The seller said he bought it from the DCM years ago.  I may contact them to see if  they have any record of it.  It has the following:
IBM undated barrel
flat bolt w/no gas port
Type 3 extractor
Type 1 ejector
Type 3 firing pin marked I-I
E279A slide marked SG on outside bottom
Inland trigger housing
Type 4a mag catch marked W.I.
Type 4 safety marked J.A.O.
straight hammer marked (dot)U(dot)
unmarked M1 sear w/no hole
JU-marked trigger
Type 3 barrel band marked J.M.O. on the band and EM-Q on the lug
M1 low-wood, oval-cut stock with S-HB in the sling well, AAV on the left side, P on the grip and (what looks like)'D A PITT' scratched into the slide well
4-rivet shallow handguard marked OI
sideways W-marked recoil plate
unmarked receiver except for 1 1 on the bottom of the trigger housing lug

Most of the metal seems to have been sprayed or dipped with a very dark (almost black) O.D. finish that obscures or makes indistinct some of the finer details, such as the Inland marking on the TH, the IBM Corp marking on the barrel, etc.

I've submitted a data sheet to the club.  It came without a sling, oiler or magazine.

The gentleman who sold it also had an IBM, a Winchester, an Inland, an Underwood and a Quality Hardware for sale.  He told me he had sold a Rock-Ola the day before.  Unfortunately for me, I only had the cash to buy 1.
Scott

Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2021 at 11:27pm
Sounds nice- the DCM guns are some of the best of the rebuilds. I have my grandfather’s he bought in ‘63. Can you post some pics?
 Post Reply Post Reply