Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

100% Original Std. Prod. M1 Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2022 at 11:03am
Gentlemen,lets keep it civil.

Originally posted by Big Coulee Big Coulee wrote:

Yes, I have what appears to be a !00%, unmolested Standard Products M1 carbine that I would like to post some photos of here on this forum.   I'd look forward to reading what some of you might comment on my M1, good, bad or indifferent. I don't suppose I'd receive very many good comments.   

Big Coulee, You can email me your pictures and I will install them in your post.

Please do not make assumption about comments on your carbine on this forum. You may be surprised what guys can tell you about your carbine.
I think the post above mine sums it up very well.

Originally posted by Bluemalinois Bluemalinois wrote:

I will say as a newbie here and a new collector that I have received nothing but help from anyone on here. Don't confuse honesty with being a stuck up collector.  These guys know their stuff and where I come for real truthful information on anything.  Everyone here is as excited to see an 100% original just as much as one that has been modified and beat to hell.  Each individual carbine part has story.

We welcome all carbines and variations, including commercial carbines, which many on other forums may look down on, we do not do that here.
We are collectors, shooters, researchers, enthusiasts, and wards of pieces of history for a period of time.

Looking forward to pictures!

Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2022 at 12:54pm
This SP has been discussed so many times on another forum(s), including multiple comments from experienced collectors, but still he comes back for more time after time and now over here. One would think that the information just isn't sinking in or he just likes seeing his carbine talked about online...I don't know.
Also, everyone, including staff, needs to realize that there's LOT of sources for info on the M1 carbine out there and members need to expand their horizons beyond just this place. I mean I actually saw a comment from a mod that said, well some guys do know how to search...OMG! If an idiot like me can find stuff about the vast majority of things (beyond the m1 carbine) I search for on the net then I firmly believe most peeps here can too.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2022 at 1:45pm
I was probanly the most vocal person supporting Coulee's SP as MOST PROBABLY (not absolutely) original over on Gunboards. I explained that a person can't take that as confirmation that it's original until it's in an experienced someone's hand, and even then there's no actual proof. It's very nice and we all agreed that it is. It APPEARS original. 

He should be calling it "probably" 100% original instead of dropping the "probably" from the description. Reason being is, all someone has to say is, "Prove it. Where's the proof?" We don't have any proof for almost any of these originals. 

Someone who doesn't know much on another board followed milpril's invented person attack and described a purist as someone who chases down every last part to correct their gun as it's suppose to be originally. Then followed it up saying someone else was a loud mouthed know it all. Um, a purist probably despises the people who are correcting these things more than anyone they know. We will always have to tolerate these ridiculous assertions from people who don't know what they're talking about, I guess. 

Originally posted by Bluemalinois Bluemalinois wrote:

I will say as a newbie here and a new collector that I have received nothing but help from anyone on here. Don't confuse honesty with being a stuck up collector.  These guys know their stuff and where I come for real truthful information on anything.  Everyone here is as excited to see an 100% original just as much as one that has been modified and beat to hell.  Each individual carbine part has story.

Originals were never my main motivation. Never. They're great when they turn up but I enjoy lots of Carbs and parts.
We always help, because we love this stuff. Sometimes there's less help when a person shows no ability to offer anything positive back or when they don't even attempt to endear themselves with those they seek help from. It comes off like they don't care about the person and just want what they want. Go find it elsewhere then.

There are a handful of people with grudges in the Carbine circle who have a cycle like a monthly cycle, except on a few month's time period, that have personal grievances from being exposed. They try to pass the blame but you should be aware that they are out here and most likely have been caught doing something offensive to the hobby. Too much drinking seems part of their motivation. 

My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Why Carbines? Why Carbines? wrote:

This SP has been discussed so many times on another forum(s), including multiple comments from experienced collectors, but still he comes back for more time after time and now over here. One would think that the information just isn't sinking in or he just likes seeing his carbine talked about online...I don't know.
Also, everyone, including staff, needs to realize that there's LOT of sources for info on the M1 carbine out there and members need to expand their horizons beyond just this place. I mean I actually saw a comment from a mod that said, well some guys do know how to search...OMG! If an idiot like me can find stuff about the vast majority of things (beyond the m1 carbine) I search for on the net then I firmly believe most peeps here can too.

And he posted here back in August, and he is welcome to post here even now,

Nothing constructive in your post. 
Also not in line with the clubs policy.

Lets stop the dog pile.

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2022 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

If your problem with him is over there, then why are you addressing your issues with him here. That is a rhetorical question.

It  is time to drop it!

Edited by New2brass - Dec 08 2022 at 2:12pm
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2022 at 2:11pm
Exacrly what are you talking about?! Maybe you didn't mean to put my username in there, but new members ought to know this stuff I posted. . 
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12