Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sporterized M1 Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkerPearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sporterized M1 Carbine
    Posted: Sep 13 2022 at 8:04pm
First post.
I am not generally a fan of sporterized military rifles and would never consider doing this to an M-1. However when I encountered this one the damage was long since done and I fell hard for it. With any potential collector value gone decades ago I intend to enjoy it as-is.  It is a sweet shooter, handles brilliantly and might have been set up especially for me in terms of proportions etc.

It's an inland, with eh barrel marked 7-45
The scope is in Weaver Rings on an SK mount and is a Weaver K3 60B 3x scope.  These were made from 1956-1965, and since I was guessing this gun was assembled in the 1950s that seems consistent.

Apparently 'Mannlicher'-style conversions were pretty popular, as I seem to find a lot of those when I search the internet.  I've not been able to find another stock that looks quite like this one though. If anyone has any information about this stock or other makers of stocks of this general type or really anything related I'd be interested.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2022 at 8:42pm
Glad you like it! What’s the Serial number!
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2022 at 9:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply