Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tultalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bolt Guide
    Posted: Dec 24 2022 at 12:10am
Plainfield.

Just looking at receiver and in my M1 vs 80% receiver image.

In my M1 images the bolt guide looks raggedy. In the unfinished receiver the bolt guide looks
raggedy also but unfinished.

Worn out or made that way?

floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2022 at 6:47am
I think I understand what you are asking. That area underneath the left channel can look a little unfinished and rough with sharp edges. The degree might vary from one receiver to the next across all receivers ever made, but as long as the channel itself is free of burrs and the left lug travel is smooth, it’s just a cosmetic issue.

At least I think that’s what you are referring to?
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2022 at 9:08am
To add…that area under the left lug channel has to be relieved to allow the left lug to clear the channel when installing the bolt. 
tultalk View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tultalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2022 at 9:42am
Hi All:

Thanks for replies. I was worried that the channel had been worn out or damaged until I saw the unfinished receiver and began wondering.

Best regards and Merry Christmas

Robert

Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2022 at 3:00pm
That’s about the only thing that looks like a mistake on the receiver😁. I had a Universal that I had to open that spot up a bit to get the bolt in and out.

Merry Christmas as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply