The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from GA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote labfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from GA
    Posted: Jan 21 2023 at 4:06pm
Greetings,

I have what appears to me to be an all original Winchester carbine (1155xxx). I've been nosing around in the forum (and other online venues) and figured I may as well join.

My father served in the Army in the early 60's as a veterinarian and often spoke fondly of the .30 carbine he shot in basic training. I sometimes thought of buying him one because I knew he wouldn't buy it for himself. Pancreatic cancer had other plans for him in 2019.

About a year ago, after having been married to his daughter for 15+ years, my father-in-law informed me that he had a carbine in his safe. He passed last February and I never actually saw the rifle. I told my wife that, even though I had no claim, I would like to have the carbine if none of her 3 siblings or anyone else had interest. Last month her Step-Mother gave me the rifle. The gun apparently belonged to her father but she didn't know how he came to be in possession. 

I took it down as far as I felt comfortable, cleaned, lubed, re-oiled the stock, and reassembled. I haven't shot it yet but plan to.

Glad to be here.

Go Dawgs
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2023 at 4:25pm
Welcome to the forum, would love to see pictures.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2023 at 10:02pm
Welcome, as Wayne said, let’s see some pictures!
labfan View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote labfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2023 at 5:12pm
Didn't take pictures when I disassembled and cleaned but will post a few when I take some that don't suck. Sorry for the delay.
 Post Reply Post Reply