Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My carbine QHMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Smocki Smocki wrote:

Good evening David, yes I shoot with.  Why ?
I ask because future discussions are different for a collector rifle then for a shooter. I only own shooters because I would not want to ruin a collector piece.
David Milisock
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:47pm
I understand David, but in France the status of collector does not exist!  it is a sports shooter or nothing, with a maximum of 12 weapons. (This includes handguns manufactured after 1900 or for semi-automatic rifles) But I will at best shoot 300 cartridges / year.  here a box of 30m1 carbine costs between 25 and 35 euros. How much are you at home?  I will preserve it.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:49pm

it's because of US air bases that our forests are filled with Raccoon :-)))

Ha, I just read about this and I assure you that my family did not release any raccoons while my Dad was stationed in France.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

it's because of US air bases that our forests are filled with Raccoon :-)))

Ha, I just read about this and I assure you that my family did not release any raccoons while my Dad was stationed in France.

no problem, I love raccoons.  I find them nice, unfortunately we see them most often crushed on our roads :-(
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 7:59pm
I love that Carbine. It's a very honest one.
Road Rat View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 9:47pm
I had the good fortune to spend a few years in your great country; back when the US Air Force maintained bases there.  Mine was the ammunition supply squadron located outside St. Mihiel.
Retired USAF MSGT
Alumni SAFSP
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 11:28pm
Yes Very Nice Carbine.
I hope the Resistance put it to good use !!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
carbinecanuck View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 1:11am
That is a fine piece of history you have there.

Thank you for sharing.
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. - GEORGE S. PATTON
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 8:26am
Bonjour, des etats unis. Bienvenue sur le forum. Quelle belle carabine. Merci de partager ceci avec nous! Nous apprécions vraiment cela
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 9:33am
In the U.S. 30 carbine commercial shooter ammo can be $20 for a box of 50 rounds to as low as $11.75 in 20 boxes of 50 rounds. 

The American ammo market has become quite diverse, surplus, military rejects (read cheap) with varied quality, middle prices with improved standards and top quality which in cost terms gets near $30 for a box of 50 for the carbine. Some of my custom magnums can be $57 for a box of 20 rounds, yes I reload.

We have no limits on quantity of guns or ammo but we do on class of ammo, (I'm no lawyer) but certain ammo is restricted to law enforcement and military. Guns are separated by class also but the governmental organization makes it complicated as there are Federal regulations as well as State regulations. 

In my State with permits suppressed and full auto firearms can legally be owned but the cost is very high. An M2 can cost near $40,000 with several thousand in permits.

For my carbine I use imported Prvi Partizan110 grain soft points for plinking, it functions perfectly even in the cold and I buy it in bulk. It shoots ok in terms of grouping but my reloads shoot much better, regularly 4" groups at 100 yards while the factory stuff will do 5" to 6" regularly and  4" groups once in a while. 

I have inventoried ammo and reloading supplies for my retirement, which was bought at a lower cost and it is a good idea with (I hope reduced work and income). With me, my son,  daughter, granddaughter and grandson shooting it gets eaten up quickly. 

It's excellent family time to talk and worth the investment.

David Milisock
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Milisock Milisock wrote:

In my State with permits suppressed and full auto firearms can legally be owned but the cost is very high. An M2 can cost near $40,000 with several thousand in permits.

$40K? What state? I paid just over $4K for mine at auction less than 10 years ago.

NFA ownership in the US is weird. State laws can be prohibitive but the Federal government really relaxed NFA before our country elected the pussy grabbing Orange guy. ATF eliminated the local CLEO from the process, thus becoming "shall issue" rather than "may issue". At least we can have it.

While many curse and swear at steel-cased ammo, my M2 eats Tulammo at $10/box like candy. Almost cheap enough to make reloading of dubious value, unless you like 100 yard target shooting. Me? 25 to 30 yards is a much more "practical" range.
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 10:00am
Great looking Quality. Its good you can still own these rifles in France despite the legal hoops. If it was part of the Resistance... I don't think it resisted much.
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 11:58am
at the request of News2brass, here is the other end of the buttplate

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 12:05pm
@ David Milisock and Blackfish thank you for your clarification.

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 12:05pm
That was 10 years ago. Was it a shooter or a collector? You might find a shooter in PA for between 15 to 20k + permit fees but a collector the sky's the limit. I don't do autos but I'm around them enough to know the prices have gone bonkers in the last decade.
David Milisock
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 12:09pm
@road rat, I know saint mihiel in the Meuse, my paternal grandmother was born next door.  There was a big battle in 1918 there or the Americans are very much beaten
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 12:34pm
Shooter definitely. Purchase was just the usual parts kit. It currently resides in an M1 carbine I also purchased from the CMP for $325. Yeah like 10 years ago. I haven't followed the market much at all but your posts make me think it might be time to sell
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2019 at 1:12pm
Class 3 stuff really took a hike but I leave you with these words. A carbine will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no carbines! 😀
David Milisock
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2019 at 5:46pm
hello,

finally we can say that this carbine is 100% authentic at the time.
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2019 at 6:08pm
Quality Hardware is my favorite. Very cool company. Nice carbine. They worked on the Bomb to end all wars, in addition to the subject matter of this forum (if you consider that cool).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>