Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new to me Saginaw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BudMan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new to me Saginaw
    Posted: Mar 06 2016 at 5:43pm
I was able to get my order in to CMP this past Januaryu in time for the  to make the cut, but after three weeks of waiting to hear that I had been selected, the anxiety forced me to starty looking for one some where else and I found this Saginaw on GunBroker. It was from a dealer about sixty miles from my Illinois home. It was listed without reserve and with an opening price of $600. When i found it, there had been no bids made. I sent them an email and asked if there was a price they would accept for an immediate purchase and the dealer replied ythat it was on consignment and the owner wanted it to go to auction. I responded that i would offer an immediate $725.00 and my offer was good until the first bid was made. The dealer relayed that to the owner who immediately accepted it.

And here it is:

It is a Saginaw with a no date Saginaw barrel:

Carbine came with three 15 round and one 30 round magazines plus the sling and magazine pouch

I have more pics if desired or can take more of specific areas. I have a go/ no go guage ordered and will edit the post after it arrives and add the mearsurements
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 9:20am
Smoking deal, wish I could find a decent SG. In the north east dealers think all carbines are original and big bucks.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Smoking deal, wish I could find a decent SG. In the north east dealers think all carbines are original and big bucks.

You mean all carbines aren't original?   
 Post Reply Post Reply