The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Forum Member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonmoen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Forum Member
    Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 1:56pm
Howdy All,

My name is Ron and I'm new to the Carbine Forum. I own a Rockola M1 Carbine, which I picked up back in the 1990s for $125.00 from Century Arms. Its in good shape, but I'm pretty sure that its not in its original configuration. My goal is to do a little research and try to get it as close to "as issued" condition as possible.
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 6:48pm
Ron, Welcome. Keep in mind that your carbine, like most others, went through a rebuild program that added updated parts such as a barrel band, adjustable sights, etc. To "return" most carbines in this current state requires a LOT of $$$ and even more knowledge as there are thousands of fake parts for each real part you will need. Plus with the addition of those updates during rebuild the carbine was altered such that putting back items such as flip sight and non bayonet barrel band will stand out more then likely. This is due to stake marks used to secure the adjustable sights. Barrel bands with bayonet lugs most often have been on the weapon since the late 40's and thus the barrel has changed color (patina) where the barrel has been exposed to air. Then, of course, is the import mark that Century put on the weapon, that will always be there.   The part covered by the band will be a different shade and when removed very obvious. Needless to say you can put it back to an "as manufacture" appearance for your own enjoyment (I like early parts and have a couple of repro flip sights on carbines) but value very well may be reduced (I still keep the adjustable sights to put back on if I change my mind or move the carbine to a new owner) and to others the changes will be obvious.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 4:27pm
Welcome Ron!

Does the Rockola have the electro pencil import mark on the receiver?

All of your questions can be answered from out web pages and the forum.

Best, Dan
vonmoen View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonmoen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 8:18pm
Dan, there's no electro pencil markings on my Rockola. Only an import mark on the underside of the barrel.
 Post Reply Post Reply