The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From Japan and Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member From Japan and Question
    Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 8:38pm
Hello all! I am YUKI new here hence me posting this. 

I have a carbine made by IBM.

So my question is, My carbine has a special engraving on it.
It does not have "CORP" stamped on it.
I have heard on this forum that the first 200 were hand stamped, but my serial number is the 700th.
so I would like to hear what members think.

I look forward to participating in the forum.

Regards,
YUKI
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 9:08pm
Yuki, welcome to the forums.

first few thousand were hand stamped. Look at your few first numbers in the serial, they are machine stamped.
can you post some pictures of the front ring markings?

7-43 barrel is sweet! I have only seen a handful.
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 10:30pm
Thanks for the reply.

I see. You're right.the first four numbers are machine engraved.

Is this the correct picture of the front ring?

I believe the trigger guard has the characteristics of an IBM product. But it does have the Q-TX engraving.

Am I correct on the type£?

Does the engraving on this barrel prove that it was produced by IBM starting in July '43?
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 10:42pm
Nice. Is this a fully functional Carbine?
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 10:48pm
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, this carbine does not Unfortunately
You are not allowed to own a Unfortunately carbine in Japan.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 11:35pm
Yuki, yes correct picture of the front ring, but could you pull the slide back and post another one so the complete markings show.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2021 at 12:12am
Thanks for the reply.W5USMC

Unfortunately, the receiver and rail are welded together so that they cannot slide!Cry
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2021 at 8:13am
Welcome Yuki! That's a nice early IBM barrel & receiver. Too bad it had to be deactivated. Is the slide rail the only part that's welded? How easy is it to find an M1 carbine in Japan?
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2021 at 2:58am
Thank!GotSnlB28

In Japan, you cannot possess a carbine unless you eliminate its function as a gun.

If you want to own a carbine in Japan, most people buy it at the following URL store.

patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2021 at 10:43am
Nice specimen of an I.B.M., you don't see them very often (at least in the Netherlands)
In which part of Japan are you? I work at a Dutch company that represents RKC Instrument (from Tokio) and Pro-face (from Osaka) in Japan.

Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2021 at 11:39am
But it does have the Q-TX engraving.

According to the Riesch, Q-TX markings are found on trigger housings used by Quality Hardware as well as IBM.  (pages 78-9 of 8th edition).  According to Ruth, War Baby! these were assembled by Triplex Corporation of America (in Chicago) for Quality Hardware Corp.  Some were then transfered from Quality to IBM.
NavySCPO View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NavySCPO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2021 at 3:41pm
Welcome to the forum Yuki! 

What a shame you won’t be able to shoot that Beautiful IBM, but just owning a piece of history is worth the price of admission. You can still hang it on the wall and brag!

I’ve had the opportunity to visit your country on many occasions, great memories from long ago.
Danny Fowler, NCCS, USN (Retired)
NRA Life Member

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of those who threaten it.
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2021 at 11:01pm
Yuki, thanks for the link to the M1s for sale. I noticed there's an M2 receiver on one of them! I suppose there are different ways allowed to deactivate as I see that one has a plugged barrel.
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2021 at 10:32am
Thanks for sharing. I’ve never seen one of those earliest IBM carbines. 
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2021 at 4:18am
Thanks!patrickduis

うわー、あなたはタッチデ£スプレイとパネルを作る有名な会社です!
私は静岡に住んでいて、タミヤというプラモデル会社の彫刻家として働いています!
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2021 at 4:31am
Hi Matt_X

Thanks for the interesting info.
I see. So it was transferred from Quality Hardware and is stamped QT-X. I learned a lot!

fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2021 at 4:35am
Tanks NavySCPO

it makes me really happy!!
I'd love to visit Georgia someday too! Because it's home to Fort Benning and Fort Tocoa! Very interesting land!
fujita View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fujita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2021 at 4:38am
Hi carbinekid 

I posted this in the hope that I could contribute to this forum in some small way.
coffeejoejava View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeejoejava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2022 at 10:25am
I am curious if there is any way to "Demil" the demilling on these weapons?
USMC Ret.
Semper Fi
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2022 at 3:04am
Hi Fujita,
Tamiya, also a really 100% company. When I was young I built many model-airplanes of Tamiya.

Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>