The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member in IL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcarr15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member in IL
    Posted: Jan 29 2022 at 8:30am
Introducing myself and my new to me M1 Carbines. I also just received my first M1 Garand from the CMP this week. An Expert Grade model. I am new to these firearms but have always admired them from a distance. My grandfather was a combat veteran of the Korean War and got me interested in US military history. 
I have acquired a few books on the topic and would like some input on what others are must have’s for a carbine/Garand owner. The M1 Carbine: Owner’s Guide, Ruth/Duff, The M1 Garand: Owner’s Guide, Duff and Bruce Canfield’s Complete Guide to the M1 Garand and Carbine.
Both carbines are from the Ethiopian imports that have been available over the past year. A Quality Hardware and National Postal Meter with receivers dating to mid-late 1943. 
I’ll try to post some photos later this weekend.
I look forward learning more from the members and information housed on this forum. 
Thanks
Justin Carr

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2022 at 9:02am
Justin, welcome to the forums.
I am sure you have seen our web pages. You can get to hem easily by clicking on the top banner.
On the side menu there is a link to publications with descriptions

A good starter book that most use is US M1 carbines, Wartime production by Riesch. The book has issues and is discussed here

As you get more into it and as you read these forums you will find references to the CCNL which our newsletters (Carbine Club Newsletters) which can be found here

The there is the War Baby series by Larry Ruth, who is a long time member and author and contributor to the club.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2022 at 4:00pm
Welcome to the nut house! We are all nuts over carbines!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image