The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member & Proud Owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlvik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member & Proud Owner
    Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 8:15am
Hi All,
Just picked up my new to me Saginaw S' G' Carbine. Disassembled, cleaned & started filling out the Data Sheet. New to all this collectors stuff. Don't have the Bolt Disassembly/Reassembly tool in order to take it apart to give it a thorough cleaning & verify parts. Also didn't take apart the trigger group yet. This Carbine looks as if it has been in storage for a long-long time. Oh, I Served in the USMC 1959-1962. That I guess is why I am such a stickler about cleanliness. Doubt if I will be able to see well enough to qualify again. I retired in 2004 on my 62nd birthday. Worked in the building trades as a steamfitter/welder close to 39 years. Hope I'm not too old to learn or re-learn but still able to have fun. Looking forward to reading all the posts. Wink   

Carl Vik
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 8:55am
Hi ,
Welcome to the forum, Sounds like a nice carbine.

Edited by Durango56 - Oct 21 2021 at 9:19am
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 9:17am
Welcome Carl- there is a wealth of information here. If you can post some pics so we can see what you have that would be great. There are a lot of folks (me included) that are interested in the S’G’ carbines!
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 10:29am
Welcome. the carbines are addictive, you will surely enjoy. I got into the m1 carbine around the start of the year, and thought I would never learn what I needed to. You will be surprised at how quickly you learn little things. This is also a great place to ask questions. The members on here are truly genuine in their desire to help newbies to the hobby. I dont want to leave anyone out, but there are several members on this forum (floyd the cat, mattx, wayne (usmc) and others, sorry my mind went blank)) that will be able to answer your questions and more. By far the most helpful forum I am a member on. 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 11:48am
Welcome to the forum, hoping to hear more about your S'G'. What serial # Range?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
carlvik View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlvik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 12:08pm
SmileWorking on a through cleaning & filling in the Data Sheet. The Serial # is 3554194. So far as near as I can tell every part that is marked is S'G'. 
Carl Vik
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2021 at 12:12pm
Carl, when you get a chance read the below linked thread and add your carbines info.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply