The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Club Honesty Policy and Forum Rules

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.04 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Club Honesty Policy and Forum Rules
Posted: Jan 10 2016 at 11:03am By tenOCEE
We here should have the security of transacting with people who have also agreed to the forum rules, so unless someone has specific info they're willing to make public to the contrary about a person then we can be assured everyone here is engaged in honorable activity with another member. If a person is not behaving honorably, we should support those who expose dishonest activity and not make personal attacks based on relationships, pet peeves or emotions. Honor and decorum.

Quote The Carbine Club's policy on honesty is as follows: A data sheet on a restored carbine will state that it has been restored. Carbines will be accurately and completely described by the seller as to condition, with details of any restoration. Reproduction or non-original parts and accessories will be described as such. The seller of a carbine, parts, or accessories will offer inspection and return privileges.

Perhaps we can ask if a data sheet has been tallied on a Carbine we're buying as to how the seller is willing to represent it? No sheet means no pedigree/claims (IOWs,buy the gun not the story).
The Carbine Club acknowledges that everybody does not have the same goals in this hobby. I find that purists are the least agreeable people in hobbies. If I find/acquire an original, it's a bonus and a treasure. But finding value in real parts and gaining the education about them has been my primary activity. When I 'started', my goal was only to acquire an M2. Didn't care about anything else Carbine related. Just wanted a round bolt and late parts in favor of the earlier stuff. Now I value the earlier parts too.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.