Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Infrared Scopes and Equipment, Night Vision
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newest acquisition, late M2 scope,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newest acquisition, late M2 scope,
    Posted: Jul 24 2020 at 8:23pm
bubba continues to amaze me. I bought this with the intention of using it for parts. Well other then the new battery and box ,and unopened boxes of dissicators.

Power supply appears new unmolested other then the wire being cut off.

The snooperscope mount also appears new, but was wet at some point.  So up in the air about this one

The crazy thing is the conduct clamps used to mount the scope tube  and the scope itself. I have never seen one with out the wire excursion on the tube. No tag on the scope either  

Thoughts? 
M1carvine4me View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2020 at 8:33pm
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2020 at 8:36pm
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2020 at 8:39pm
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2020 at 8:40pm
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2020 at 12:21am
Don

We have seen a few of these. Someone built the tube and attached the two clamps as scope mounts. Then added the original M2 Sniperscope parts.

I think Sam Bases was making and selling some of these using the Minerallac clamps.

Jim

A variation ...

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2020 at 9:11am
Looks like a twin to mine. I ended up taking it apart,  the ir tube was exploded and the copper bellows at the one end were trashed.  I am thinking more of a display setup 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2020 at 1:46pm
Early power supply, look for a serial number on the top.
Also look to see if label was painted over. usually removed.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1carvine4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2020 at 9:29pm
The battery box is perfect,  un messed with, good catch on the power supply serial # is 5549. And the label is under the black paint. 
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2020 at 11:39pm
The power supplies for the snooperscope and sniperscope were apparently assigned serial number blocks. Those we have info on so far, power supplies with SNOOPERSCOPE on the label we have 1701 - 32?5. Those with SNIPERSCOPE on the label 5153 - 5967.

Obviously the power supplies worked with both/either as well as the M2 Sniperscopes.

Jim

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2023 at 11:19am
is there a part number on the scope body? If there is, what is the location.
 Post Reply Post Reply