Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quality Hardware 6-43

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quality Hardware 6-43
    Posted: May 12 2019 at 4:22pm
Hello to ALL , 1st.... new guy here , like the site a lot , great info and help , been chatting with floydthecat about a Carbine I thought might be a good buy.....

was looking for a shooter grade and may have stumbled into a collector , FTC has helped me with what to look for and what is correct or not on this Carbine.. so..
QH , Rock-ola barrel stamped 6-43 , type 1 , 1st block SN# 1595XXX
most of the parts seem to be marked as should be , am waiting for it to "get out of jail" 10 day wait in Ca.
when I get my hands on it and break it down to see if "all" the parts are correct I'll get FTC to help me put a sheet together and post it with pic's

Last M1 carbine I had was well over 25yrs ago , and sold that Postal Meter that I should have keepCry...live and learn..

great site and info ! ................................... Semper Fi.
Semper Fi.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 8:32pm
The important thing is that the Carbine cools down for the next 10 days so it doesn't do something dangerous. Because after 75 years of normalcy (and possibly having been shipped straight to someone's house once in the past) it might be overdue for something.
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 9:25pm
yeah, it could end up in the pile of 1000 guns recently found in CA
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 5:31am
I have a gut feeling this one is going to be well worth the wait. Indications are it’s “right”.
green grunt View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2019 at 2:50pm
working on a data sheet...so far
barrel....Rock-ola 6-43 with P and flaming bomb
trigger housing...QH as is trigger/sear/hammer
stock ....Rock-ola   RMC and the QH cartouche
Bolt....QH as is the extractor/firing pin

so far it looks very correct , but I need to do more research
nice carbine... may have to shoot it just so I can make sure it all works ;)
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 1:27pm

hand guard is S-HB , most likely a replacement
sear GE-Q
trigger LT-Q
recoil plate RO-Q
firing pin NL-Q
extractor ST-Q
front sight J-Q
mag catch LT-Q
oiler IS
sling unmarked correct C tabs (?)
barrel band unmarked 3 spot welds , swivel is a repro.
working on data sheet also

Semper Fi.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 1:53pm
The hand-guard sounds like it belongs on a Standard Products and it's a safe bet the sling swivel could have been correctly marked and the band unmarked. There are questions floating about concerning the authenticity of an unmarked 3-spot. If it's strong and "feels right"...the band itself may be genuine. Unfortunately, it's likely going to be quite difficult to find the correct swivel, but that's no biggie.

We need to see some close-up pictures of that I-cut stock. Is the rear sight marked, how is the trigger housing marked and how about a pix of the butt-plate? The sling looks okay to me from a distance and a c-tip could be correct.

I am sure I have left out a lot of questions to keep you busy, but the pro's will be along here shortly.

I think it is a good snag!
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 8:54pm
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 8:56pm
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 8:59pm
Semper Fi.
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 9:10pm
  Does it have a large or small wheel cartouche? 
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 9:29pm
I believe its a small cartouche
trying to upload some pic's , need to resize them.... sorry...slow at this ;)
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 9:32pm
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 9:33pm
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 9:38pm
Rear sight is marked on the left with a "S" the right side is marked "GE-Q"
Semper Fi.
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 9:43pm
Looks like a 22 coil hammer spring. Nice looking Carbine.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 10:04pm
I did not plan on this little Carbine ... but the more I look it over the more I like it..

lots of patina and not much park left on it....if only this could tell us where it's been... that would be cool.

Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 2:18pm
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 2:19pm
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 2:40pm
Semper Fi.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>