Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

T marked Winchester

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T marked Winchester
    Posted: May 15 2022 at 7:28pm
Hi All , been awhile , I sold my QH some time ago to a collector and have been looking for a replacement and just could not find "the Right one"..
well sad fact is I lost a buddy and he told his wife to sell His M1 to me if anything ... well you know...

so I'm working on the sale as we speak , just wanted some input/info

Winchester M1 Carbine in the 5779xxx range with a T marked receiver , W marked barrel and most parts I could see with out tearing it down are also marked with the "W" only thing is when he bought it .. it was tagged as a refinished carbine no deep pits anywhere that I could see and in very fine shape , nice stock non marked hand guard , bayo lug and adj. rear sight , I know it lost alot of it value when it was refinished...bummer.... so from what I could find out the T marked carbines are few and far between...
are they rare .. or does it matter being refinished ? 

I'll work on pics after I get in my name....

Semper Fi.
Semper Fi.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2022 at 7:35pm
That is a receiver subcontracted to Intertype Corp possibly by Underwood. When Underwood lost its contract near the end of the war, all of the receivers that they had left were sold to Winchester to recover some of their losses. While it may have lost some value by the refinishing, it would be minimal due to the scarcity of that receiver. It lost more value due to the fact that it was rebuilt. Still it has a pretty decent premium due to what it is.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
green grunt View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2022 at 9:08pm
got 1 photo...hope this works

Edited by W5USMC - May 15 2022 at 10:20pm
Semper Fi.
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2022 at 9:47pm
Hello- Nice subcontracted/ transfer receiver as mentioned in prior post. As a arsenal rebuild I agree hasn’t lost that much value being refinished. Would be a nice one to have around
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 7:46am
green grunt View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2022 at 9:00pm
more photos...just got it home.... 
sear is marked W also , did not take the trigger out to see (?) , I believe the stock is a repro but still nice wood , barrel band is marked with a diamond with a O in it , W in the sling cut out , front sight is unmarked..  can't wait to give it a run , just put a new op-rod spring in ...

Edited by W5USMC - May 28 2022 at 9:56pm
Semper Fi.
 Post Reply Post Reply