Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

t-3 carbine info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t-3 carbine info
    Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 9:20am
howdy, this is my first shot at a forum participation, please forgive my ignorance on proto call
I have what appears to be a complete and original uncut t-3 carbine, I purchased at auction sight unseen
last year on a whim. I had almost all the variations of issue carbines in the early 60's, but sold all but 4 off due to ATF activity after the gun control act went into effect.  have since come to my sense's and have been pursuing original carbine examples as the come available .
 any idea how many uncut examples may be out there?  I have seen several rewelds but only two that appear to be uncut.  hope to figure out my camera soon so I can attempt to post pics

THANX AND CHEERS MIKE
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 9:25am
Mike, were are adding info and pages every day. The T3 page is not up yet but lots coming

Did you fill a data sheet which can be found in links section?

Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 10:02am
That's going to be a Sweet adding a T3 page. Can't wait to read some Posts on it.
Frank

sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 10:39am
Hi Mike,

A few of us have been keeping track of T3's by their serial numbers over the years. We don't make the list public as it includes info shared confidentially by owners.

If you would like yours checked against what we have to see if we have some of it's history I'll have a look-see. Your can send the s/n via a private message on the forum or e-mail me direct at jim@USCarbineCal30.com

I've been working on the T3/M3 page with the help of people who know far more than me. There are a few things I don't have photographs of that I would like to show. A few I'll be able to take in a couple months during a visit with an owner. I hope. But a few others are hard to come by.

Does yours have an M1/T120 infrared scope?

Jim
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 10:54pm
seem like you see one one of each about every year for sale someplace, rewelds are about 1/3 -1/5 price of the real ones--see lot more inlands than winchesters--I am still waiting for a bargain
 Post Reply Post Reply